Cycling in Style: The Big Apple Tweed Bike Ride in Park Slope

Bicycle riders from across the city gathered in Park Slope recently for this year’s second Big Apple Tweed Ride, a charity event that merges cycling and couture.

Approximately 150 riders attended dressed in their finest vintage English cycling-inspired garb. Participants met at The Soldiers’ and Sailors’ Arch at Grand Army Plaza before riding over to Brooklyn Circus, a specialty clothing store in Park Slope, for a fashion contest with categories like “Most Tweed Spirit Male or Female,” “Best Steed,” “Best Accessories” and “Best Dressed.”

“The Big Apple Tweed is about getting dressed up in fancy clothes, riding your bikes, seeing people dressed up in furs, etc. You know, just being a little extra,” said Ayodamola Okunseinde, a co-founder of the event.

After the awards, the cyclers rode to bar and restaurant Flatbush Farm for a tea social with a live Dixieland band. Proceeds from the Big Apple Tweed Ride went to Virginia House of Hope, a nonprofit organization that provides New York City children and families with basic necessities such as food, clothing and social services.

8 Responses to Cycling in Style: The Big Apple Tweed Bike Ride in Park Slope

1. live music says:

As a Newbie, I am permanently browsing online for articles that can aid me. Thank you

2. After I initially commented I clicked the -Notify me when new feedback are added- checkbox and now every time a remark is added I get four emails with the identical comment. Is there any approach you may take away me from that service? Thanks!

3. Hello.This post was extremely remarkable, particularly since I was investigating for thoughts on this topic last couple of days.

4. seo website says:

Today, I went to the beach with my children. I found a sea shell and gave it to my 4 year old daughter and said “You can hear the ocean if you put this to your ear.” She put the shell to her ear and screamed. There was a hermit crab inside and it pinched her ear. She never wants to go back! LoL I know this is totally off topic but I had to tell someone!

5. I’m no longer sure the place you are getting your information, however great topic. I must spend a while finding out more or working out more. Thank you for great information I was searching for this info for my mission.

6. Nice post. I was checking continuously this blog and I am impressed! Extremely helpful info particularly the last part 🙂 I care for such info a lot. I was seeking this certain information for a very long time. Thank you and best of luck.

7. Excellent goods from you, man. I’ve understand your stuff previous to and you’re just too magnificent. I really like what you have acquired here, certainly like what you are stating and the way in which you say it. You make it enjoyable and you still take care of to keep it smart. I can’t wait to read much more from you. This is actually a terrific site.

8. Tomas says:

I wish some of them wore punk clothes!