Bringing Multimedia Show to the World of a Medieval Myth

Catherynne Valente mixed burlesque belly-dancing, improvised music, and literature for the Nov. 21 launch party of her new book, The Habitation of the Blessed.

Putting the different arts together made for an experience that you don’t get out of from any regular book reading. Dancers moved passed the audience to the stage and the band played rhythmic music. All the while Valenti read from a book of medieval wonder.

The book is based on the legend of Prestor John, king of a mythological kingdom that contained wonders from griffins to the fountain of youth. So it’s fitting that this mishmash of different artist helps conjure up the exoticism from imagining a distant magical kingdom at the basement floor of WORD Bookstore in Brooklyn.

And for one day Valente fans they got the addition to be exposed to the music of Brian Francis Slattery and the West Constantinople Squeezebox All-Stars and the dancing of Jezebel Wood, Mary Cyn, and Katie Lennon.

7 Responses to Bringing Multimedia Show to the World of a Medieval Myth

1. Very nice site opens a little slow.

2. Along with every thing which appears to be developing within this particular subject material, a significant percentage of viewpoints happen to be fairly stimulating. On the other hand, I beg your pardon, but I do not give credence to your whole suggestion, all be it exciting none the less. It looks to everybody that your commentary are actually not completely justified and in fact you are your self not even wholly convinced of your assertion. In any case I did appreciate reading it.

3. hello there and thank you for your info – I’ve certainly picked up anything new from right here. I did however expertise some technical points using this website, as I experienced to reload the web site lots of times previous to I could get it to load properly. I had been wondering if your web host is OK? Not that I am complaining, but slow loading instances times will often affect your placement in google and can damage your high-quality score if ads and marketing with Adwords. Anyway I am adding this RSS to my email and could look out for a lot more of your respective interesting content. Ensure that you update this again soon..

4. Hey! Someone in my Myspace group shared this website with us so I came to check it out. I’m definitely loving the information. I’m bookmarking and will be tweeting this to my followers! Wonderful blog and excellent style and design.

5. top 10 games says:

I think this is one of the most significant info for me. And i’m glad reading your article. But want to remark on few general things, The website style is wonderful, the articles is really great : D. Good job, cheers

6. rap beats says:

I appreciate, cause I found exactly what I was looking for. You have ended my 4 day long hunt! God Bless you man. Have a great day. Bye

7. You have some really good posts and I feel I would be a good asset. I’d absolutely love to write some content for your blog in exchange for a link back to mine. Please blast me an email if interested. Thanks!