The Holes on the Ground Point to Brooklyn

According to the survey, there is not a complete consensus on how much of a the problem potholes really are in New York City. Despite the fact that there is a slightly larger percentile of people who rate the problem 7-8 out of 10 in severity, it’s only 8 percentile points higher than those who would rate it than 1-2, the lowest rating.

And yes, 30 percent of my survey takers said Brooklyn was where they had the most problems with potholes. But the second highest answer to my survey — at 20 percent — shows that New Yorkers don’t see it as a problem at all.

With only 22 people who took the survey, these results shouldn’t be taken too seriously as representing the overall feeling of New Yorkers about potholes but it does point to Brooklyn as a place worth investigating.

You see most of those who rated 7 or higher also said that Brooklyn was where they had the worst experience with potholes. If you look at Kings County Traffic Safety Data bicycling and pedestrian injuries by vehicular crashes rose between the years of 2006-2008 in Brooklyn. It’s odd given the fact that these types of crashes have been going down since 2001 according to Crash 2.0.

It may be worth asking how safe or dangerous do people feel it is to be bicycling in Brooklyn?

2 Responses to The Holes on the Ground Point to Brooklyn

1. i think, the real problem potholes are in Manhattan.

2. An outstanding share! I have just forwarded this onto
    a friend who was conducting a little homework on this.
    And he actually bought me dinner simply because I found it for him…

lol. So let me reword this…. Thanks for the meal!!
    But yeah, thanx for spending the time to discuss this issue
    here on your blog.