Survey Says: NYC Subway Riders Don’t Like Surgery Ads

New York City straphangers have spoken — and they’re not fans of medical/surgery advertisements on subway train cars.

In a survey of the worst NYC subway ads, “plastic and/or cosmetic surgery ads” ranked No. 1, garnering 38 percent of the vote. It also ranked on top of another NYC subway ad list.

“Religious and/or self-help ads” finished tied for second with “floor-to-ceiling themed ads,” both of which received 21 percent.

Rounding out the bottom — or the least-disliked types of ads — were “pun-heavy ads” (12 percent), “alcohol ads” (1 percent), and “other ads” (1 percent). In the “other” ads category, the lone respondent listed anti-abortion ads as their least favorite, referring to a campaign that ran earlier this year. Here’s a complete view of the results:

Health ads were a hot topic among respondents, though one health-related ad that didn’t make the survey was the Health Department’s controversial calorie education campaign that ran in 2008.

Still fed up with a particular subway ad campaign? Let the MTA know about it — here’s instructions from the straphanger’s campaign site.

Maybe next time we will survey the worst New York City subway tunnel or station ads.

Hopefully this train doesn't contain a bunion surgery ad (Maggie Smith / FreeDigitalPhotos.net)

30 Responses to Survey Says: NYC Subway Riders Don’t Like Surgery Ads

1. brianne says:

the ads on the subways can definitely be odd, weird and downright disgusting at times. But the ones I find most annoying are the subways that have entire cars covered in Bud Light ads. One after the other after the other saying essentially the same exact thing.

Don’t get me wrong…I like a cold beer. But there is such thing as overkill

2. Strange this post is totaly unrelated to what I was searching google for, but it was listed on the 1st web page. I guess your performing some thing appropriate if Google likes you enough to put you around the initial web page of a non associated search.

3. If you want to reach kids on any level with a message you pretty much have to be on a mobile device. So the idea was to translate the television show into an app experience for the kids. They could read and discover books. The whole point of the television show is still the same. Giving kids the opportunity to discover books that they want to read and watch videos that are related to the literature. Connecting the real world and literature has always been the mission of the show. AE: My five year old loves to read. My wife and I love the fact that she can read to us. My three year old loves to be read to. So I enjoy the app and love the “Read to Me or Read on my Own” feature. What are some of the features you wanted to make sure that the app had? LB: In order for it to be really “Reading Rainbow,” we had to figure out both books, which I think we have done with our library, a mobile library of books, and video. “Reading Rainbow” was always about the video. The video field trip. So we are continuing that tradition. We are shooting brand new content all the time. Video field trips with LeVar just like the original television series.

4. Com|squidoo|youtube|bebo|flickr|hub pages|wikipedia|tagged|facebook game|social networks|the facebook|online social networks|facebook itself} ceo brand Zuckerberg buy pledged to maintain true to the ‘No Ad’ rule. actually, based on design and elegance advisors, Another beneficial feature of many boots is that they make the actual knee appear thin in addition to the ripped.

5. Com|squidoo|youtube|bebo|flickr|hub pages|wikipedia|tagged|facebook game|social networks|the facebook|online social networks|facebook itself} top dog ding Zuckerberg may have pledged to handle true to the ‘No Ad’ rule among bodybuilders. the reality is, in order to trend and elegance industry experts, Another big plus with these particular boots is that they make our leg shop thinner but nicely toned.

6. FootNice is a leading Internet retailer committed to providing unrivaled customer service, exclusive footwear, and a superior experience. We are passionate about sneakers, and continually strive to carry the best selection available anywhere – including athletic shoes, limited editions, retro classics, and lifestyle models.

7. what drove national growthONSet the cost of a $118view around $272 and shoppers will convert absent. While you are it real which the painless gladness in a bestthe state is highly dependent on the fortunes

8. The babyliss Enterprise Dialogue — Those Who loves almost nothing profit??
    beats by dre on sale ebay http://www.hekmarket.com/beats-by-dre-pro-c-10.html

9. Thanks for sharing your thoughts on free no bull shit porn movie.
    Regards

10. As a child, hhe was adorable, and hhe grew into a handsome young man. Thhe person who is doing your procedure should have
    a good deal of experience iin doing safe ppastic suurgery in the
    past. Here arre some basic questiokns we suggest when searching for low cost plastic surgery.

11. music sites says:

First off I want to say awesome blog! I had a quick question which I’d like to ask if you don’t mind. I was curious to find out how you center yourself and clear your head before writing. I have had trouble clearing my mind in getting my ideas out. I truly do take pleasure in writing however it just seems like the first 10 to 15 minutes are lost just trying to figure out how to begin. Any recommendations or hints? Thank you!

12. kids mode says:

Good – I should definitely pronounce, impressed with your web site. I had no trouble navigating through all the tabs and related info ended up being truly simple to do to access. I recently found what I hoped for before you know it in the least. Quite unusual. Is likely to appreciate it for those who add forums or anything, website theme . a tones way for your client to communicate. Nice task..

13. Wow, fantastic blog layout! How long have you been blogging for? you made blogging look easy. The overall look of your site is wonderful, let alone the content!

14. Black foam body with blue crystal shoe outsole, white lined supplemented blue detail embellishment, so Nike Air Foamposite One incarnation of the classic “Concord” color. Nike Air Foamposite One “Concord” is expected to be available this weekend, Item :314996-005 Price: $ 230.(cheapjordanssale.com price:$88)

15. You could definitely see your skills in the work you write. The world hopes for even more passionate writers like you who are not afraid to say how they believe. Always follow your heart.

16. Air Jordan 11 Low’s side of the line is undoubtedly beautiful and classic, and I even think these shoes will become an eternal element in the history of basketball shoes, not the time of the intrusion.

17. clay soap says:

My wife and i have been now joyful Ervin managed to finish off his basic research while using the ideas he got from your own blog. It’s not at all simplistic just to be giving out facts which many people may have been making money from. And we already know we have the blog owner to appreciate for that. The illustrations you’ve made, the straightforward blog navigation, the friendships you will make it easier to foster – it’s got most astounding, and it’s really letting our son in addition to our family do think that article is awesome, which is certainly incredibly mandatory. Many thanks for all the pieces!

18. Je vous remercie encore RF pour obtenir mes pens茅es ensemble sur cette partie de mon enfance. Mon blog cette semaine "Plaskett Creek Casanovas" pourrait vous rappeler quelques tours dans la route que vous venez voyag茅.

19. Another big mistake many businesses and brands make when creating posts for their blogs has to do with
    the way they organize the information they decide to include.
    Moreover, there wouldn’t be any following or login information shared which allows you to wrest your fears about losing personal information to third parties.

As have previously bee said, the total decision is on you, as the
    owner of the business, the choice is totally up to you.

20. what drove national growthONPut the cost of a $135see around $156 and clientele will transform away. When you are it right that the rather simple gladness in a bestthe state’s coal production is expected

21. game says:

Magnificent website. Lots of useful info here. I am sending it to a few friends ans also sharing in delicious. And certainly, thanks for your effort!

22. En 1920, une soci t d h tel belge rach te son bail.

23. There may be noticeably a bundle to learn about this. I assume you made sure nice factors in options also.

24. watch was all too easy previously, these days it is more-or-less impossible
    ナイキ スニーカー http://www.calvariojaxfl.org/nike【ナイキ】-japan-3.html

25. I like this blog, keep up good work.

26. great points altogether, you simply gained a brand new reader. What would you recommend in regards to your post that you made some days ago? Any positive?

27. I constantly spent my half an hour to read this
    webpage’s articles daily along with a mug of coffee.

Here is my web blog :: oceanus オシアナス マンタ

28. Quest Bars says:

Hello, its pleasant paragraph about media print, we all
    know media is a impressive source of data.

29. thaks information boss

30. kios saya says:

gretting succes by natalia smith