Judging Terry Richardson

A couple weeks ago I brought up the Terry Richardson cover on GQ, featuring scantily clad and, in some people’s view, distasteful images of “Glee” actresses. I asked two questions, one of which was: Do you think Terry Richardson is a talented artist?

The response was half and half, with 16 respondents. 50% of you thought his pictures are terrible. 3 of you, or 19%, thought that he’s a genius. But many of you had conflicted feelings.

The second question was more cut-and-dry. Drawing on the Roman Polanski controversy, I asked you if artists should get special treatment because of the value that their art provides to the world at large. 10 out of 16 respondents (62%) thought that artists shouldn’t get special treatment. Of those 10, six answered that Terry Richardson’s work is terrible on the previous question. Two people of those answering against speecial treatment were undecided about the first question, and two thought that Richardson is a genius, but that artists shouldn’t get special privilege.

The rest of the votes were split between being undecided and thinking that artists do get special treatment. Most interestingly, none of those who answered that artists should get special treatment thought that Terry Richardson’s art was genius in the first question.

8 Responses to Judging Terry Richardson

1. hpjjhneuq eazfc wlbmrxi olqe idxmayuyotntqjk

2. Definitely believe that which you said. Your favorite justification appeared to be on the web the simplest thing to be aware of. I say to you, I certainly get annoyed while people consider worries that they plainly do not know about. You managed to hit the nail upon the top and also defined out the whole thing without having side effect , people can take a signal. Will probably be back to get more. Thanks

3. Hi there just wanted to say hi. The text in your content seem to be running off the screen in Chrome. I’m not sure if this is a formatting issue or something to do with web browser compatibility but I thought I’d comment to let you know. The layout look great though! Hope you get the issue resolved soon. Thanks!

4. for rent says:

Thank you, I have recently been looking for information about this topic for ages and yours is the best I’ve discovered till now. But, what about the bottom line? Are you sure about the source?

5. seo test says:

Oh my goodness! an incredible article dude. Thank you Nonetheless I am experiencing subject with ur rss . Don’t know why Unable to subscribe to it. Is there anyone getting an identical rss downside? Anybody who knows kindly respond. Thnkx

6. You actually make it seem really easy along with your presentation however I to find this matter to be really something which I think I would by no means understand. It kind of feels too complex and extremely large for me. I am looking forward for your subsequent post, I’ll attempt to get the hang of it!

7. I must point out my passion for your kind-heartedness supporting men and women who really need help on the subject matter. Your real commitment to getting the message along turned out to be surprisingly advantageous and has truly permitted guys just like me to get to their dreams. The invaluable help indicates this much to me and additionally to my fellow workers. Thank you; from all of us.

8. An impressive share! I have just forwarded this onto a colleague who was conducting a little homework on this.

And he actually bought me lunch because I stumbled upon it for him…
    lol. So allow me to reword this…. Thank YOU for the meal!!
    But yeah, thanx for spending the time to discuss this subject
    here on your internet site.