How New Yorkers Spent Their 2010 Halloween

So, a few weeks ago I posted a survey asking people how they spent their Halloween. As you probably remember, this year’s holiday fell on a Sunday, which was a major PEST because New York City is an amazing place to be on October 31.

I thought that the fact that it was a school night/ week night might deter a lot of people from going out, but it seems that many people were willing to risk a Monday morning hangover in order to make the most of their Halloween.  Over a quarter of the people who took the survey, about 26%, said that they “partied it up” and didn’t care that the holiday fell on a Sunday night.

However, it looks like most people had a quiet night. There was a three-way tie between people who choose party alternatives: “I can’t go out on a Sunday night. Such a pest!;” “Low key night with friends;” and a simple “Scary movie.” Together these group made up about 65% of the people who took the survey.

There were a few responses from people who said they had unique Halloween experiences that didn’t fit any of the other choices. One respondent made some cash that night; she went trick-or-treating with the kids that she babysits for. Another said she went to a late night showing of The Rocky Horror Picture Show.

Overall, it seems like the week night prevented most people from having a wild and crazy holiday. Unfortunately, next year’s Halloween is “pesty” also. It falls on a Monday!  However, on 2014, no one has an excuse to stay at home. That year’s Halloween will be on a Friday.

9 Responses to How New Yorkers Spent Their 2010 Halloween

1. Hello.This article was extremely fascinating, particularly since I was investigating for thoughts on this matter last week.

2. I am extremely impressed with your writing skills and also with the layout on your blog. Is this a paid theme or did you modify it yourself? Either way keep up the nice quality writing, it’s rare to see a nice blog like this one today..

3. Thanks for the marvelous posting! I seriously enjoyed reading it, you may be a great author.I will make sure to bookmark your blog and will eventually come back in the foreseeable future. I want to encourage you to continue your great work, have a nice morning!

4. When I originally commented I clicked the “Notify me when new comments are added” checkbox and now each time a comment is added I get four e-mails with the same comment. Is there any way you can remove me from that service? Thanks a lot!

5. retro games says:

I wish to get across my affection for your generosity in support of people that actually need help on this one concept. Your special dedication to getting the solution all-around had been really functional and have constantly helped guys much like me to reach their targets. Your new useful help entails much to me and much more to my mates. Thank you; from everyone of us.

6. I am curious to find out what blog system you happen to be working with? I’m having some small security problems with my latest blog and I’d like to find something more risk-free. Do you have any recommendations?

7. I’ve been surfing online more than 3 hours today, yet I never found any interesting article like yours. It’s pretty worth enough for me. In my view, if all website owners and bloggers made good content as you did, the internet will be much more useful than ever before.

8. Thank you a lot for giving everyone an exceptionally terrific opportunity to check tips from this site. It really is very cool and also full of a great time for me personally and my office colleagues to search your site particularly 3 times per week to learn the new stuff you have. And definitely, I’m so always satisfied with all the awesome creative concepts served by you. Some 4 facts in this article are in truth the finest we’ve had.

9. Superb, what a website it is! This blog presents helpful data to us, keep it up.
    Quest Bars blogesaurus