Cell Reception in New York City – AT&T Users Suffer, All Others Hear Clear

My frustration with AT&T’s cell reception spawned a survey and a short audio segment in an attempt to discover if there are others just as frustrated as I am, and which providers offer the best service in the city.

Thirty brave souls took my survey, and the majority of those people are currently under contract with Verizon (48%).

Only 29% of my survey-takers use AT&T, and 33% of all the AT&T users have considered switching to another provider, but don’t want to because they cannot part with their beloved iPhones (which are rumored to be moving providers as early as early next year).

Since a majority of those who took the survey are under contract with Verizon, it came as no surprise that 77% of participants rated their amount of dropped calls on the lower end of the scale, either saying they never had dropped calls, or that this problem was infrequent. 23% of participants said their calls were dropped too frequently and on a daily basis, and NONE of the AT&T-affiliated participants said they never had dropped calls.

Every single Verizon user said they would recommend their service provider to others, and would not consider switching, and 50% of T-Mobile users said they were considering switching to Verizon.

And so it seems Verizon, home of the “Can-you-hear-me-now?”-guy, is the winning choice for cell phone reception. Verizon customers are satisfied, T-Mobile customers are happy, and AT&T customers are disappointed, many only enduring AT&T’s terrible service because of it’s iPhone contract.

This entry was posted in Technology Pests and tagged , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

2 Responses to Cell Reception in New York City – AT&T Users Suffer, All Others Hear Clear

1. Thank you for any other informative blog. The place else may I get that kind of info written in such a perfect approach? I have a mission that I am just now working on, and I have been at the look out for such info.

2. Excellent article! We are linking too this particularly great post onn our site. Keep up the great writing