The Worst Noise in New York: It’s You!

A few weeks ago, we asked New Yorkers to weigh in on which of the many types of noise that New York has to offer makes you want to just give it all up for a quiet life or the country. Then we realized that maybe the countryside isn’t always so quiet, and that maybe we prefer the sweet sounds of subway construction and Brooklyn assemblymen on Four Loko fueled rampages.

But weigh in you did, and we’d be remiss if we didn’t recognize what sort of noise you hated the most about life in the big city. And the answer is – each other! Well, each other and construction, which shot to the top of the list, crushing options like traffic and ‘other’ to dust beneath their heels on their unstoppable climb to the top of readers’ enemies list. The heartening takeaway here? Next time you find yourself thinking how annoying someone is on the subway, just remember – you’re probably ruining their day just by virtue of existing. Which is pretty much the only thing that lets me sleep at night.

This entry was posted in People Pests and tagged , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

8 Responses to The Worst Noise in New York: It’s You!

1. ynrgenkip gsgkq ixebyfc pewj jverpqucrqygnom

2. My partner and I went over here from a different website and thought I might as well check things out. I like what I see so now i am following you. Look forward to looking into your web page repeatedly.

3. Wow! Thank you! I permanently needed to write on my blog something like that. Can I take a part of your post to my blog?

4. hello!,I like your writing very much! share we communicate more about your post on AOL? I require an expert on this area to solve my problem. May be that’s you! Looking forward to see you.

5. You need to take component in a contest for one of the best blogs on the internet. I will advise this web site!

6. Hey I know this is off topic but I was wondering if you knew of any widgets I could add to my blog that automatically tweet my newest twitter updates. I’ve been looking for a plug-in like this for quite some time and was hoping maybe you would have some experience with something like this. Please let me know if you run into anything. I truly enjoy reading your blog and I look forward to your new updates.

7. My brother suggested I might like this web site. He was entirely right. This post truly made my day. You can not imagine simply how much time I had spent for this information! Thanks!

8. Of course, what a great site and educative posts, I surely will bookmark your blog.Have an awsome day!