‘Weekend At Bernie’s’: Last Chance To Bid On Madoff’s New York Personal Property

Thousands of miles from former Wall Street big-timer Bernie Madoff’s new home in the Butler Federal Correctional Complex in Butler, N.C., the U.S. Marshals Service is set to sell all of Madoff’s personal possessions.

From jewelry to statues to clothing with his initials sewn in gold, officials seized everything they could after judge convicted and sentenced Madoff to 150 years in prison.

Now everything is up for grabs. The U.S. Marshals started on Saturday the second of three auctions in order the compensate the victims of Madoff’s billion dollar Ponzi scheme.

As the New York aspect comes to an end on Saturday, Supervisory Deputy of U.S. Marshals in New York Roland Ubaldo said the Madoff case is not closed yet.

“This auction Saturday will be a chapter closed in the New York City and Montauk beach houses, but we still have a job and that’s to continue with the disposition of assets down in Florida and the disposition of every remaining asset,” Ubaldo said. “And again, we keep that goal in mind–the restitution to the victims. We’re trying to get fair market value for these items and more to give back to the victims.”

This entry was posted in Uncategorized and tagged , , , , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

16 Responses to ‘Weekend At Bernie’s’: Last Chance To Bid On Madoff’s New York Personal Property

1. I’m still learning from you, while I’m making my way to the top as well. I absolutely liked reading all that is posted on your website.Keep the aarticles coming. I liked it

2. Greetings I am so glad I found your blog page, I really
    found you by error, while I was looking on Aol for
    something else, Regardless I am here now and would just like to say thank you for a fantastic post and a all round entertaining blog
    (I also love the theme/design), I don’t have time to read through
    it all at the minute but I have bookmarked it and also added in your RSS feeds, so when
    I have time I will be back to read more, Please do keep up the awesome b.

3. Getting a relevant info is very difficult nowadays, i like it here for the quality post.

4. web radio says:

Your place is valueble for me. Thanks!…

5. Getting a relevant info is very difficult nowadays, i like it here for the quality post.

6. Normally I don’t read article on blogs, but I wish to say that this write-up very forced me to try and do so! Your writing style has been surprised me. Thanks, very nice article.

7. Heya i am for the primary time here. I found this board and I to find It
    really useful & it helped me out much. I hope to offer one thing back and
    aid others like you aided me.

8. Good post. I find out some thing far more difficult on unique blogs everyday. It is going to generally be stimulating to read content material from other writers and practice just a little some thing from their shop. I’d prefer to utilize some using the content material on my weblog whether you don’t thoughts. Natually I’ll give you a link in your web blog.

9. seo news says:

hello!,I like your writing so a lot! percentage we keep in touch more approximately your article on AOL? I need an expert in this area to resolve my problem. Maybe that is you! Taking a look ahead to peer you.

10. Thank you for any other informative blog. The place else may I get that kind of info written in such a perfect approach? I have a mission that I am just now working on, and I have been at the look out for such info.

11. Hey there! I just wanted to ask if you ever have any problems with hackers? My last blog (wordpress) was hacked and I ended up losing many months of hard work due to no backup. Do you have any solutions to prevent hackers?

12. coupon says:

Hi, yup this paragraph is actually nice and I have learned lot of things from it about blogging.
    thanks.

13. forex says:

Hey! I’m at work surfing around your blog from my
    new apple iphone! Just wanted to say I love reading your blog and look forward to all
    your posts! Carry on the outstanding work!

14. Thanks for spending the time to discuss this, I feel strongly about it and love reading more on this topic.

15. Thank you for any other informative blog. The place else may I get that kind of info written in such a perfect approach? I have a mission that I am just now working on, and I have been at the look out for such info.

16. Hi, the whole thing is going well here and ofcourse every one is sharing facts, that’s truly fine,
    keep up writing.