Does Terry Richardson Get a Free Pass?

So, in case you missed the cover of this month’s GQ, here it is:

Courtesy of The Wall Street Journal

Yep. The ever-tasteful Terry Richardson shot this spread, he of recent alleged sexual harassment fame.

A lot of the press surrounding this cover deals with the unsettling aspect of the PR machine that is “Glee,” but I’m more concerned with the photographer.

Earlier this year former models of his complained of being sexually harassed by him, coerced into either participating in a nude shoot that they weren’t comfortable with, or into sex acts.  Maybe then, GQ should have rethought assigning him a photo shoot where he’s photographing women who play teenagers on TV?

This isn’t a Terry Richardson-specific issue.  It’s hard to live in New York and not get some inkling that the lives of the glitterati, specifically the fashion industry, often seem devoid of values. Marc Jacobs has defended Richardson. He has the seal of approval from New York fashion queen Anna Wintour.  Scores of celebrities (and, apparently, our President) happily work with him, acknowledging his artistry.

Some people think Terry Richardson shoots a great photo, and that’s what’s important.  (People who revere Roman Polanksi make a similar argument).  But does artistry absolve him of behaving professionally and within the limits of the law on photo shoots?

45 Responses to Does Terry Richardson Get a Free Pass?

1. Sarah Ewald says:

I don’t subscribe to a “free pass,” but I think the degree of excusing behavior hinges on that person’s accomplishments.

To borrow another example: Remember in 2005, when Kate Moss was busted for coke? She was dropped from many of her contracts, and where was she three months later? Back on top.

For me, I read that as she’s contributed so much to the fashion world that they’re looking past this. (They were probably thinking about how much revenue and branding her contracts would lose if terminated.) A lesser-known model would not have had that experience of getting work at that same caliber as before.

Polanski made “Chinatown.” Richardson…takes hyper-stylized commercial-use photos.

I’m not excusing Polanski or what he did, but I think a lot of people will agree he’s contributed more to lasting Western culture than Richardson has thus far, and probably ever will.

2. Everyone knows Terry Richardson is a sleazeball. He DOES force his ideas upon his subjects/models, those ideas being equivalent to soft core porn. Unfortunately, the situation is a tricky one; models and celebrities feel like they’re passing up a perfect opportunity for publicity or shelf-life if they pass on a Richardson shoot. His fashion spreads have a raw quality that has grown eponymous with his name, and they do extremely well $$-wise when it comes to covers. They also get circulated around the internet more so than the work from a lot of other fashion photographers.

The models who stood up and accused him of sexual harassment were courageous, ’cause in that business, it doesn’t take much to get black-balled for talking poorly about such a big name. But alas. I guess the moral of this story is: when one is talented and a MAN, he seems to be able to get away with much more than the average creep would. All because he’s a kick ass photographer. And he’s not even the best.

3. Does Terry Richardson Get a Free Pass? | Interactive New YorkInteractive New York
    [url=http://www.rogervivier-paris.com]Roger Vivier flats[/url]

4. Be grateful for all the information I to obtain eliminated the actual Sky by means of high speed broadband. Plus blaming the internet service provider for the bandwidth issues and can already have to help appologise.

5. We are on the LABELLLISé BBC iMP Beta and may also verify the item makes use of precisely the same KService’ for you to deliver press, with this program is usually finished.

6. May someone program code a online real world record scanner, like Mate Spy. And we can easily weight the written text document that contain namesscann. Right here we all leave Monitors on Websites. anyone has learned Computer software!

7. Pleine figure et la l茅gende (54K)

8. Hello.This article was extremely remarkable, particularly because I was looking for thoughts on this subject last Thursday.

9. Thank you a great deal, these details had been spot on for me. I am going to search for this great site to get future upadtes. Thanks once more.

10. Jamendo. net is ideal if you prefer free of charge music underneath the CLOSED CIRCUIT driver’s licence. require usually are wonderful also Probably mainly because Spotify doesn’t truly suggest a person anything at all. However the system is perfect if you want to verify something/someone away.

11. Derrick says:

In an extremely similar setting, Goku arises from planet Vegeta; and have also been sent to the concept of Earth after his home
    planet was destroyed by an evil being named Freiza. This is really
    a game in which the plot has been seen again and again again. So in buying Bakugan products, follow this advice that will help us stay away
    from the fake ones and stick to the real ones.

12. Wow that was unusual. I just wrote an very long comment but after I clicked submit my comment didn’t show up. Grrrr… well I’m not writing all that over again. Anyhow, just wanted to say fantastic blog!

13. Wish using workboxes too We published about the overall method recently and a few with the variety tags My spouse and i created for all of our preschooler. Next weeks I’ll be placing the other printables way too number strips, numbers, and soooo much more!. Wish actually savoring them and we all modified it to match our house which is being released in a new article quickly!

14. I have recently started a site, the info you provide on this website has helped me tremendously. Thanks for all of your time & work.
    Louis Vuitton Handbags

15. gucci scarf says:

To be truthful, My spouse and i don’t assume something similar to iPad by The apple company. . -= Aminul Islam Sajib’s continue blog… Search engines Pr Current: AISajib. net has become PR3! =-.
    gucci scarf

16. Does Terry Richardson Get a Free Pass? | Interactive New YorkInteractive New York
    Roger Vivier Flats

17. Well ipad tablet can be a extravagant product however. Although to be truthful a waste involving . -= NpXp’s final website… Precisely how Not To Obtain Restricted By Google Adsense =-.

18. Carolina Herrera Fall 2014 Runway

19. fat loss lab says:

This can be the right weblog for any one who desires to locate out about this subject. You recognize so significantly its nearly difficult to argue with you (not that I basically would want…HaHa). You certainly put a brand new spin on a topic thats been written about for years. Excellent stuff, just wonderful!

20. Precisely how would likely an individual employ this remedy but make inside redundancy of your SAN? Can you make two of the along with leveraging VMWare or House windows capabilities in order to copy information over the two with in close proximity to timely?

21. Throughout the great scheme of things you’ll secure an A for effort. Where you confused everybody was in all the specifics. As it is said, details make or break the argument.. And it couldn’t be much more accurate in this article. Having said that, allow me tell you precisely what did do the job. The article (parts of it) is definitely extremely powerful and this is probably why I am making the effort in order to comment. I do not make it a regular habit of doing that. 2nd, even though I can easily notice the jumps in reasoning you make, I am not really sure of just how you seem to unite your points that produce the actual conclusion. For right now I will yield to your issue however trust in the foreseeable future you actually link your facts much better.

22. Does Terry Richardson Get a Free Pass? | Interactive New YorkInteractive New York
    Cheap Roger Vivier Shoes

23. The very best strategy for the men that you may discover now.

24. Explanation why no company is bringing up watch and therefore know what you should begin doing this afternoon.

25. Note: with all herbs, the more you use, prune or divide them, the quicker they grow. Once you let the flowers mature or go to seed, they stop. (see video on pruning basil for proof you can show your neighbor if you want to ask for clippings know where to snip)

26. Hello everybody, go ahead and hear in addition to add upon grooveshark. com, you then become completely most likely when they ever before check out the courtroom about it.

27. wowgold says:

I adore each of these wowgold. Tons of enhances. Fabulous spend money on!

28. air max 90 says:

Occur to be perplexing Terme conseillé every secondly (KBpS) together with KiloBITS each subsequent (Kbps). Your own personal high speed broadband interconnection is definitely 1Mbps, you will discover eight portions within a byte which means your personal optimum get level in BYTES is 125KB/S your own personal greatest upload rate is normally throttled to one half this in addition to stocks the same bandwidth. Naturally your own obtain charge likewise is dependent upon how many sources, all their transfer prices and any kind of throrttling inside the operations application you would not want it to consider all of your bandwidth or perhaps you more than likely be capable of do anything more, such as working your own P2P computer software: )

29. While mixed breeds may now have a nose under the tent, Westminster main event will still be selecting the Best in Show dog Feb. 11 from more than 2,800 entrants in 187 American Kennel Club recognized breeds and varieties. They include 76 Labrador retrievers, 58 golden retrievers and 52 French bulldogs, but also robust entries from some lesser seen breeds such as roughly 30 Tibetan mastiffs, show chairman Thomas Bradley III said.

30. The Chinatown area also encompasses what little remains of Little Italy, an area which is essentially comprised of a few blocks of Mulberry St north of Canal, plus a bit on streets perpendicular to Mulberry (such as the block between Mulberry and Mott on Grand St, or part of it). Little Italy is almost devoid of Italian residents nowadays, and is primarily a kind of tourist theme park, but still contains a few eateries with reputations. What used to be the northern end of Little Italy, NoLIta (which extends north to Houston St), is a quieter residential area, less touristy, and more often frequented by New Yorkers.

31. To begin with carried off the particular playlist attribute it is not really well worth even $3. Whatever beneficial in the exact location can be acquired without cost.
    gucci backpack men

32. I’m not that much of a online reader to be honest but your sites really nice, keep it up! I’ll go ahead and bookmark your site to come back in the future. All the best

33. seo tool says:

GScraper, most powerful scraper and poster for link building …mjviqhsoaus

34. Exceptionnel ! Pas assez d’ espace pour tous les commentaires positifs !

35. Hey there! This is kind of off topic but I need some guidance from an established blog. Is it very difficult to set up your own blog? I’m not very techincal but I can figure things out pretty fast. I’m thinking about setting up my own but I’m not sure where to start. Do you have any points or suggestions? Many thanks

36. Does Terry Richardson Get a Free Pass? | Interactive New YorkInteractive New York
    canada goose mens freestyle vest

37. Just a few blocks from Tokyo’s Omotesando Station sits a brilliant yellow storefront. Inside, sunny yellow walls, a spiral staircase and a lively caf offering Corona and lemonade set the ambiance. This is Kate Spade Saturday’s flagship store.

38. Apple declined the actual revise the other day because of the way iTunes Syncing was allowed. But I’m going remedy a repair nowadays in addition to resubmit the post on for you to apple. I hope will probably be approved shortly.

39. Is effective okay for me throughout VS2008. Had written the C# software this components through truck’s cab files along with wished to make sure the new data had been accurately substituted.
    cheap beats by dre

40. Because of ()z from Drive twenty second. Indeed worked well a treat as well as rescued me a lots of examining along with looking. I really decided not to recognize their own uploads/downloads could be p2p. My spouse and i manage peerguardian along with a couple of ip’s kept arriving (blocked admittedly). They were BSky C with 193. 195. 115. 136 along with Transmitting Media on 193. 114. 117. 134. These people equally gone at this point therefore happy thank you. I have no issue along with Skies on this concern genuinely although a few the population definitely probably would not know where to find a new correct ore also know clearly there was a problem. Anyway, information guide I use just simply found out Kservice hiding on my appliance after attempting to transfer Sky By means of High speed broadband from a equipment to a new one. Only to confess I had event to wedding ring Heavens technology assistance repeatedly during the process (and have not became popular to do the item yet). They are really good people but are fairly clueless. A possibility they will avoid let you know about Kontiki that is talked about over the internet where you join the actual support -it’s they can’t say for sure exactly how it works as well as how hard it really is to help uninistall it. I had been explained to getting rid of SkY By means of BB was as easy as add/remove packages. It’s not actually, since Kontiki remains doing work apart. Typically the support assistance are definitely not currently being fraudulent, IMHO that they just simply are clueless a lot. We think often the probs I possess possessed switching SBB from COMPUTER to another have been caused by the actual Kontiki software package even now jogging on my community. Seeing that I see how hard Kontiki should be to take out On the web undecided if I want to approach SBB at all I’ll merely dump that.
    louis vuitton outlet

41. The other day, while I was at work, my cousin stole my iphone and tested to see
    if it can survive a 40 foot drop, just so she can be a youtube sensation. My iPad is now destroyed and she has
    83 views. I know this is totally off topic but I had to
    share it with someone!

42. Does Terry Richardson Get a Free Pass? – Interactive New YorkInteractive New York
    t shirt jordan