What to Do: Halloween in NYC

New York City is a wonderful place to experience Halloween. With the rise in popularity of vampires, werewolves, and serial killers (think Twilight, True Blood, and Dexter), this year’s Halloweeners are bound to be particularly enthusiastic.

So, it’s a pretty huge pest that this years holiday falls on a Sunday. Most New Yorkers had class or work the next day and aren’t able to party until dawn like true freakish fans.

But this inconvenience doesn’t have to get in the way of your fun. There are still plenty of ways to celebrate.

Of course, there’s the Halloween parade in the village. No need to worry about staying out too late. It ended before 11.

If you would rather spend the evening at home, here’s a list of really great lesser-known horror movies. I can personally recommend “Let the Right One In.” It’s absolutely terrifying and brilliantly constructed Swedish film about vampires.

If you would like to spend the evening with friends, here’s a Food Network recipe for a really disgusting-looking, delicious-tasting cocktail. And here is a Blisstree link to some Halloweeny foods.

If you don’t want the chaos of the parade, but you so want to get out of your apartment, try walking through Nightmare. It’s supposed to be one of the most terrifying haunted houses the country. Here’s a review of last year’s show from The Jaded Viewer. Blood Manor is quite popular as well for those who want to be shocked, but Nightmare is the place for the true adrenalin junkies.

Let me know how you’re planning on celebrating the holiday, or if you’re reading this post-October 31st, tell me how you ‘Halloweened’ it up.

20 Responses to What to Do: Halloween in NYC

1. And here it is, another Halloween weekend an entire year later, with people all over the world that are into this event (And why not? — it’s so totally fun) ramping it up to bring screaming fear and blood-curdling stressful anxiety into the atmosphere. The last time I went to a Halloween party was two years ago in Seattle dressed as Pink, all in pink of course, and just when that party was just beginning to go into high gear, we had to start out on the drive back to Olympia. The best costume I ever wore was as Roadkill, with a graphic artist buddy doing the design while we imbibed. The highlight of that costume and the reason I was honored (I found out much later) with best costume of the night at that party were the pig entrails from my neighborhood Taiwanese market sewn onto my tattered and bloody shirt at midriff level hang out for all to see.

2. Louann says:

Simply desire to say your article is as astonishing. The clarity in your post is just
    spectacular and i can assume you’re an expert on this subject.
    Well with your permission let me to grab your feed to keep
    up to date with forthcoming post. Thanks a million and
    please carry on the enjoyable work.

3. LihqvYWca says:

572757 550571Nowhere on the Internet is there this much quality and clear information on this subject. How do I know? I know because I

4. 414676 909155Thanks for the sensible critique. Me and my neighbor were just preparing to do some research about this. We got a grab a book from our area library but I think I learned much more from this post. I

5. music says:

Pretty nice post. I just stumbled upon your weblog and wanted to say that I have really enjoyed browsing your blog posts. In any case I’ll be subscribing to your feed and I hope you write again very soon!

6. baby sets says:

I think other site proprietors should take this website as an model, very clean and fantastic user genial style and design, as well as the content. You’re an expert in this topic!

7. 635151 753814I conceive this web site contains some rattling superb details for everybody : D. 418931

8. You really make it seem so easy with your presentation but I find this topic to be actually something that I think I would never understand. It seems too complicated and very broad for me. I am looking forward for your next post, I will try to get the hang of it!

9. Hi this is somewhat of off topic but I was wondering if blogs use WYSIWYG editors or if you have to manually code with HTML. I’m starting a blog soon but have no coding know-how so I wanted to get guidance from someone with experience. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

10. Hi there are using WordPress for your blog platform? I’m new to the blog world but I’m trying to get started and set up my own. Do you need any coding expertise to make your own blog? Any help would be really appreciated!

11. 867179 24458Thank her so a lot! This line is move before dovetail crazy, altarpiece rather act like habitual the economizing – what entrepreneur groovy night until deal with starting a trade. 771891

12. 325699 681726Hi! Wonderful post! Please do tell us when I will see a follow up! 260813

13. Hiya! I know this is kinda off topic however , I’d figured I’d ask. Would you be interested in exchanging links or maybe guest authoring a blog post or vice-versa? My blog addresses a lot of the same topics as yours and I feel we could greatly benefit from each other. If you’re interested feel free to send me an email. I look forward to hearing from you! Awesome blog by the way!

14. Amber Boyd says:

174795 664708Register a domain, search for available domains, renew and transfer domains, and choose from a wide variety of domain extensions. 237470

15. you are truly a just right webmaster. The site loading velocity is amazing. It seems that you’re doing any unique trick. Moreover, The contents are masterwork. you’ve performed a great process on this matter!

16. Great weblog right here! Also your website so much up very fast! What host are you the use of? Can I get your affiliate link on your host? I wish my site loaded up as fast as yours lol

17. This is very attention-grabbing, You are an excessively professional blogger. I’ve joined your rss feed and look forward to seeking extra of your wonderful post. Additionally, I’ve shared your website in my social networks!

18. 921332 484464I believe 1 of your commercials caused my internet browser to resize, you might properly want to put that on your blacklist. 351410

19. Great beat ! I would like to apprentice while you amend your website, how can i subscribe for a blog website? The account helped me a acceptable deal. I had been tiny bit acquainted of this your broadcast provided bright clear concept

20. name says:

gDMOMf Thanks-a-mundo for the article.Really thank you! Will read on…