Charles Rangel: Fit to represent New Yorkers?

Incumbent New York Congressional Representative Charles Rangel continues to spark debate about both the longevity of politicians and the power they wield.

This summer, Rangel, who has served 20 terms, was accused of 13 House rule violations. Shortly thereafter, a House ethics subcommittee found that he violated house ethics rules.

As a result, high-profile figures from both sides of the aisle made their voices heard about his future. While President Obama said the violations were “very troubling,” Al Sharpton and hundreds of other backers showed their support at his 80th birthday party.

What’s Rangel’s take? In a recent interview he said he didn’t have “any fear” regarding the impact of the violations (scroll to the 1:10 mark):

And it seems he was right; the public already voiced its opinion during the primary, which saw Rangel receive the Democratic nomination, though by a smaller margin than expected.

This all leads up to November 2, when voters will cast their ballots in the general election. Unfortunately, they won’t know all of the details; House ethics hearings won’t come until after the election.

Let’s get your opinion. Click here for a three-question survey.

11 Responses to Charles Rangel: Fit to represent New Yorkers?

1. That is really attention-grabbing, You’re a very skilled blogger.

I’ve joined your rss feed and stay up for in quest of extra of your wonderful post.
    Additionally, I’ve shared your site in my social networks

2. We are a group of volunteers and starting a new scheme in our community. Your web site provided us with valuable information to work on. You’ve done an impressive job and our entire community will be thankful to you.

3. Youre so cool! I dont suppose Ive read something like this before. So nice to search out someone with some original ideas on this subject. realy thanks for starting this up. this website is something that is wanted on the net, somebody with just a little originality. helpful job for bringing one thing new to the internet!

4. The subsequent time I learn a weblog, I hope that it doesnt disappoint me as much as this one. I mean, I do know it was my choice to learn, but I actually thought youd have something fascinating to say. All I hear is a bunch of whining about something that you could possibly repair should you werent too busy looking for attention.

5. Howdy would you mind letting me know which hosting company you’re working with? I’ve loaded your blog in 3 different browsers and I must say this blog loads a lot faster then most. Can you suggest a good web hosting provider at a reasonable price? Thanks, I appreciate it!

6. I was wondering if you ever thought of changing the layout of your blog? Its very well written; I love what youve got to say. But maybe you could a little more in the way of content so people could connect with it better. Youve got an awful lot of text for only having 1 or two pictures. Maybe you could space it out better?

7. We are a bunch of volunteers and opening a brand new scheme in our community. Your site provided us with valuable info to work on. You’ve done a formidable process and our entire neighborhood shall be thankful to you.

8. I just could not depart your site prior to suggesting that I extremely loved the usual information an individual provide to your guests? Is gonna be back often to check up on new posts

9. Thank you for the auspicious writeup. It in fact was a amusement account it. Look advanced to more added agreeable from you! However, how could we communicate?

10. Needed to send you that tiny word so as to give many thanks as before with your striking techniques you’ve provided above. It’s so pretty generous with you to convey unreservedly what a few people might have made available as an ebook in making some profit on their own, mostly seeing that you could possibly have tried it in case you decided. The thoughts as well worked to provide a easy way to understand that other people have the identical interest just like my personal own to find out a lot more regarding this problem. I think there are numerous more pleasant situations ahead for people who looked over your website.

11. hosting says:

Hi there! I’m at work browsing your blog from my new
    iphone 3gs! Just wanted to say I love reading your blog and look forward to all your posts!

Keep up the superb work!