Carl Paladino’s Campaign: the blood, the bad and the ugly

In case you didn’t know, Carl Paladino is mad as hell. And so am I after being exposed to the New York Republican gubernatorial nominee’s childish mudslinging. For Paladino, “There Will be Blood” is more than just a Daniel Day-Lewis movie, it’s a campaign strategy. Early in the race, Paladino promised to defeat opponent Andrew Cuomo, saying, “It won’t be pretty, it won’t be clean, but I will take them down.” So far he’s delivered on the first part.

http://paladinoforthepeople.com/

A visit to Paladino’s Web page showcases some of his dirty tricks: one ad tastefully compares the Business Council endorsing Cuomo to “asking the Boston Strangler to massage your neck.” Another falsely assures voters that this campaign is “not about divorces or affairs.”

Warning: be careful where you click. I thought I was minding my own business while perusing Paladino’s page, but when I accidentally clicked on a video in the lower righthand corner, Paladino emerged as if from nowhere and started listing some of the reasons I hate him.

There’s even a fun “Lack-of- Courage Counter” on the site, tracking the days since Paladino challenged Cuomo to debate. Cuomo, despite saying he’s open to debate, has kept mum. Maybe because debating Paladino would be like debating a third grader.

Or perhaps because Paladino may be more successful at campaigning for Cuomo than he is for himself. A consultant for Cuomo told the New York Times, “The best spokesperson to win votes for Andrew Cuomo is Carl Paladino. Our strategy is to just let him talk.”

Paladino thinks polls–like a recent one from Siena College that showed him down 24 percentage points to Cuomo–are “sort of getting to be a joke,” so I thought I’d give him another chuckle:

Are you won over or turned off by Carl Paladino’s campaign? Why or why not? What is your favorite (or least favorite, depending on how you view it) Paldino ad or quote?

20 Responses to Carl Paladino’s Campaign: the blood, the bad and the ugly

1. Nathaniel Frandino says:

Paladino’s tactics are the very reason I avoided politics for so many years. His tactics are ruthless and his temper is even worse. Mudslinging may be what many in the media love to hear, but it’s awful. It’s a turnoff. It’s a waste of my time. It does nothing to contribute to the issues that concern the constituents of the said politician.

2. Matt Draper says:

Turned off. Even some members of his own party don’t like his strategy: http://www.nytimes.com/2010/10/01/nyregion/01paladino.html

3. Ian Chant says:

“Baseball bat. That’s my metaphor for the people.”
    Best. Metaphor. Ever.
    Seriously, I don’t understand how people don’t absolutely love this guy. I want to marry his whole campaign and have its illegitimate, violently psychotic babies.

4. live music says:

An fascinating dialogue is price comment. I think that you should write extra on this topic, it may not be a taboo subject however usually individuals are not enough to speak on such topics. To the next. Cheers

5. kindermode says:

Its like you read my mind! You appear to know a lot about this, like you wrote the book in it or something. I think that you could do with some pics to drive the message home a little bit, but other than that, this is magnificent blog. A great read. I’ll certainly be back.

6. Hiya! Quick question that’s entirely off topic. Do you know how to make your site mobile friendly? My weblog looks weird when viewing from my apple iphone. I’m trying to find a theme or plugin that might be able to fix this issue. If you have any recommendations, please share. Many thanks!

7. Keep functioning ,terrific job!

8. Hi, i think that i saw you visited my website thus i came to “return the favor”.I am attempting to find things to improve my site!I suppose its ok to use some of your ideas!!

9. wow gold says:

I’m sure many. They might quite type and incredibly wonderful. That dog’s fur shrink, middle of banc timeframe they’re impressive by having narrow jeans/cords. A tissue traction expansion is okay. Its just slightly cushty, device ideal that if you get these people move you magnitude or 1/2 size off. Over-all it really is a high quality wow gold which unfortunately will most likely not get out of vogue for a time, at no cost . a smart investment on the way to your own personal closet.

10. Pingback: Louboutin Pas Cher Femme

11. Avocats Bay s’associent pour lutter contre les abus des animaux

12. Thanks a bunch for sharing this with all people you actually realize what you’re speaking approximately! Bookmarked. Please also seek advice from my website =). We will have a link change arrangement between us!

13. seo tool says:

GScraper, most powerful scraper and poster for link building …hkhzowza

14. Hey! I simply wish to give an enormous thumbs up for the good data you may have right here on this post. I shall be coming again to your blog for more soon.

15. bluearena.gr says:

Diatomaceous Earth: Using diatomaceous earth around the foundation of your house can be of help. It is made of preserved algae and is a very effective natural pesticide.

16. mbt outlet says:

L’idea del giornoLo spunto quotidiano dalle sfilate PE 2014. Oggi, la giacca design per la pioggiaNew formal in camicia biancaAbbottonata sul doppiopetto, aperta sulla giacca a due bottoni, la camicia bianca, non vuole .1

17. Make your stay in Paris perfect by choosing luxury
    hotel as your accommodation. This helps in selecting
    a location that can optimize your trip to London. With so
    many more attractions to be explored, Edinburgh has the magic of
    making your holiday or business trip very interesting and exciting.
    In addition to the best accommodation Melbourne
    has a diverse range of things to do and activities that can be enjoyed by people of all ages.