Is the NYPD Doing Enough to Counter a Brooklyn Crime Wave?

Courtesy of nyc.gov; from left, the Rev. Dan Craig of Mount Zion Baptist Church of Brownsville, Police Commissioner Raymond W. Kelly and Bishop Gerald Seabrooks of Rehoboth Cathedral International, Inc. Seated on the right is Bishop Anthony Monk of Monk's Memorial Church

The NYPD announced last week that they formed a crime task force with Brooklyn clergy, meant to diminish gun and gang violence in the area.

The announcement was made last Wednesday, with Police Commissioner Ray Kelly and pastors from 17 churches throughout Brooklyn joining together at Police Headquarters.

“We are here to send a message that we want to stop homicide, violence and shootings of any kind of people,” said Reverend Dan Craig of Mt. Zion Baptist Church in Brownsville, “but especially we want to speak out on black-on-black shooting, hurting and harming one another.”

Interestingly enough, not a single clergyman from community board five, comprising East New York, New Lots, City line and Cypress Hills, makes the list of participating churches.

Community Board 5 has had the most murders of any community district this past year, and in general its residents report experiencing great personal difficulty due to crime.

There is evidence that an uptick in crime taking a toll on the 75th precinct. Inspector Jeffrey B. Maddrey, at a Wednesday night community meeting, lamented the violence and urged community members to do everything they could to keep kids from the streets.

“We were doing well until September,” said Maddrey, after he explained that in the past month there have been five gun-related deaths. “I don’t know what happened.  We need everybody’s help.”

The NYPD has declined to comment on the omission of community board five, and several pastors involved in the Task Force have failed to return messages left with their staff.

What do you think?  Does the omission of East New York seem destined to adversely impact the efficacy of the program here?

44 Responses to Is the NYPD Doing Enough to Counter a Brooklyn Crime Wave?

1. Elis Estrada-Simpson says:

I’m not entirely sure, but I feel East New York is greatly underreported.

Not only should the NYPD provide more support in the area to prevent crime, but more efficient services in general should be provided in the area. Efficient services to tackle the problem of unemployment and improvement in school programs is just a start.

2. Fotograaf says:

It’s the best time to make a few plans for the long run and it is time to be happy. I’ve read this post and if I may just I wish to suggest you few attention-grabbing issues or suggestions. Perhaps you could write next articles referring to this article. I desire to read even more things about it!

3. A boost to energy and stamina, Forever Bee Pollen is gathered in specially-designed
    stainless steel collectors from the blossoms that
    blanket remote, high desert regions. As it turns out, people who are trying
    to manifest. I use this dieting cleanse technique to prepare for a last minute show.

4. Hi there, i read your blog occasionally and i own a similar one and i was just
    curious if you get a lot of spam comments? If so how
    do you reduce it, any plugin or anything you can recommend?
    I get so much lately it’s driving me insane so any support
    is very much appreciated.

Stop by my web page – ed sheeran nothing the same album

5. MAIS La popularit d’Autres JOURNES NE SE polo dment. Cent DEPUIS Cinq ans Le Porte Parole de comScore, Andrew Lipsman, Souligne AINSI Qu茅 les Achats en ligne seillers de la journe du Thanksgiving Ont explos de 128 verser.

6. Throughout this grand design of things you actually secure a B- with regard to effort and hard work. Exactly where you actually misplaced me was in your particulars. As people say, the devil is in the details… And it couldn’t be more correct at this point. Having said that, let me reveal to you what did do the job. Your authoring is actually highly persuasive and that is probably the reason why I am taking the effort to comment. I do not really make it a regular habit of doing that. 2nd, even though I can certainly see a leaps in reason you make, I am definitely not confident of exactly how you seem to connect the ideas which inturn help to make the actual final result. For the moment I shall yield to your position but wish in the future you link your dots better.

7. Very efficiently written article. It will be helpful to everyone who employess it, as well as myself. Keep up the good work – i will definitely read more posts.

8. wow gold says:

I can’t believe this! I am 4 decades worn out plus true love absolutely adore along with enjoy these kinds of wow gold. I buy lots of words of flattery everytime I really carry these businesses. They are surely nice and each weatherproof. Good to deliver through blouse alternatively skinny jeans. Really good cost.

9. I’m still learning from you, as I’m making my way to the top as well. I definitely love reading all that is written on your blog.Keep the tips coming. I enjoyed it!

10. game.com says:

Aw, this was a genuinely good post. In idea I would like to put in writing like this additionally – taking time and actual effort to make a really beneficial article… but what can I say… I procrastinate alot and by no means seem to get some thing carried out.

11. The thing Every person Ought To Know With Regards To The bag Internet business

12. Verses for your Wedding Ceremony. The Following are the verses of the Bible That You Could possibly use in your wedding ceremony. They may be easily incorporated into your wedding day ceremony.

13. My personal son gave me our concerning moms time. He realizes im never about price tag although everything comes from that the center. I cannot think it has our favorite colors and even suits my personal wrist. I by no means might come across bracelets to suit headphonesthe limited wrist. Very happy to come with recieved this particular as being a gifts.

14. That headset had been since breathtaking because into the visualize. This arrived quickly. I would recommend utilizing a towel above every one level while you push that outside w / the best vapor iron. It does not steam off along with merely a steamer. Ones iron had been required. It is very fragile, so if you do not trust yourself with the towel to steam iron, well just take things to a professional. Stunning sound.

15. sThe top quality that it awesome, then again, due to the fact ones dimensions run little need they someone shape upward.If you’re 5f 4inches next length desires adjusting otherwise just put on actually tall shoes. Other than that loved ones gown

16. Absolutely and positively fast shipping and great quality Thanks so much!! A+

17. You’ve ruled out the duffel, so I won’t recommend my weekend bag, but the other products from the Duluth Trading Company are really fantastic at a reasonable price. They sell a “Weekender” model that sounds like what you’re looking for, but I can’t recommend the “firehose” material strongly enough.

18. “Tempête de boulettes géantes” est la première sortie d’un nouveau logiciel d’imagerie 3-D numérique Sony. Je continue à trouver 3-D une nuisance gênant, mais il faut dire le processus Sony produit une image nette, croquante.
    Chaussures de Sport Femme http://www.chaussuresoldefr.com

19. Nike blazers says:

I requested the for the my mother not really expecting a great deal because they had been and so inexpensive. When I gotten it I became thrilled! It really is lovely & does not look cheap after all! My personal mom loved that!

20. The brand accounts for nearly a third of the Town and Country based apparel company’s sales and has been growing at a much faster clip than most of its other brands, having more than doubled sales in the last two years alone.

21. This is an great gift concerning ones family. I’d strongly incourage individuals to invest our this will make a great present. Ones sender can outstanding evening job at acquiring on items in occasion. I purchased the material each day back and I reveived it really quickly.

22. Ideal mother’s time gifts. Still, all bracelet took as well long on show up, and it came following the vacation. The mother expressed which is she liked your bracelet, however We have never observed the lady use they yet. 🙂

23. sThe high quality that very good, though, considering ones dimensions operated small bring that single shape upward.If you are 5f 4inches after that length specifications adjusting or just don really high shoes. Besides that enjoyed ones dress

24. Our son offered me personally it for the moms time. He knows im never concerning price tag then again what comes from on heart. I cannot feel it has the favourite color to really fits my personal wrist. I never might come across bracelets to fit headphonesour small wrist. Extremely pleased to have recieved this one being a present.

25. sThe excellence things ideal, conversely, considering the actual models run smaller just take that an shape upward.If you are 5f 4inches after that size desires modifying or even really put on actually high sneakers. Other than that loved that gown

26. Great blog here! Also your site loads up very fast! What host are you using?

Can I get your affiliate link to your host? I wish
    my website loaded up as quickly as yours lol

My web-site jason mraz new album download free

27. I got it as a gift concerning my sister, satisfied mama. She liked information technology!! I was afraid things is going to be quite mini due to the past feedback and how it seemed once I took letter top, but it compliment quite nicely. This looks stunning concerning and in your beautiful bundle it is provided in.

28. Great items from you, man. I’ve be mindful your stuff previous to and you are just too great. I actually like what you have acquired here, really like what you’re saying and the way wherein you assert it. You’re making it entertaining and you still care for to stay it wise. I cant wait to read far more from you. This is actually a great site.

29. Purchased our being a gift for the my mama and also she adored they. cool quality terrific cost and my personal mom enjoyed it. Always sent ultra fast. When you require a gifts quick and you like this then this is one particular you really need to go for!

30. sThe premium things awesome, though, because the actual sizes operate mini bring this a single size up.If you are 5f 4inches after that size needs modifying or even exclusively put on truly tall shoes or boots. Besides that liked on dress

31. It headset was because stunning like within the photo. This arrived immediately. I would encourage using a towel through each coating while you push that out w / the best vapor iron. It does not steam away with merely a steamer. That iron had been needed. It is very sensitive, so if you don’t trust personally aided by the towel then vapor iron, well bring this to a pro. Breathtaking audio.

32. Le mieux que je puisse faire pour vous est de vous fournir une liste de bi猫res appropri茅es pour le gros gibier. Esp茅rons qu’ils soulager la douleur que vous vous asseyez 脿 travers les Red Hot Chili Peppers 脿 la mi-temps.

33. My wife and i have been absolutely cheerful that John could deal with his research through your ideas he got out of your web site. It is now and again perplexing just to find yourself handing out things which some people may have been trying to sell. And we know we’ve got the blog owner to thank for this. Most of the illustrations you made, the straightforward web site menu, the relationships you assist to promote – it’s got all fantastic, and it’s assisting our son in addition to the family consider that that idea is fun, and that is extraordinarily vital. Thanks for the whole lot!

34. Tweaked volume balance and other ambiance parameters on the majority of base game and China Rising mapsBecause of the misinformation being spread about faction population and activity

35. But not just as fancy as part of real world if mothers wrist is not really 2small don’t get information technology cause information technology try to be tight .. it really is adorable and yet one thing yur 5year existing makes . No some sort of reduced the an ok present and offer yet not a wow gifts…cant get wrong if dont enjoy a lot to spend for a gift and then take they

36. I’d should check with you here. Which is not one thing I often do! I get pleasure from studying a submit that can make folks think. Also, thanks for allowing me to remark!

37. Cameron a dit qu’elle a fait de grands efforts pour composter sans cheval, une vache ou du fumier de poulet. Le compost est fait ici avec seulement le mat茅riel v茅g茅tal et se tourna avec un tracteur tous les sept 脿 14 jours; Hudak aide cultures le long de la pr茅paration du th茅 de compost pour les engrais.

38. Hello.This post was really fascinating, especially since I was investigating for thoughts on this subject last Tuesday.

39. These boots be seated at calve level and are more than leather.

40. Magnum says:

This is a good tip especially to those fresh
    to the blogosphere. Brief but very accurate information… Thank you for sharing this one.
    A must read post!