Pests of New York (Fashion Week): Media Storm & Flashing Lights

The flashes are blinding and the microphones are everywhere; people with cameras pile on top of one another like ants, pawing their way to a shot of a fashion designer, a celebrity, a magazine editor.

A lot of New Yorkers and avid fashion followers across the globe once considered New York Fashion Week a glamorous, exclusive affair only attended by the elite names in the fashion world. However, with the recent introduction of new technology, more and more people have complete access to New York Fashion Week, be it via web, video, phone or email. Images and videos are streamed live, and in a matter of seconds, the images have gone viral.

Who makes this media saturation possible? Anyone with a camera. And this time, that group includes me.

To gain insight on NYFW’s pestiest matters, I interviewed CNBC.com web producer Oliver Quillia, who also has his own website, formdigital.com. Although he is a jack of many trades, he has covered fashion week since 1996, so he has seen the changes and the transformations.

Check it out.

NEWLY EDITED VERSION

(ORIGINAL)

This entry was posted in People Pests and tagged , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

6 Responses to Pests of New York (Fashion Week): Media Storm & Flashing Lights

1. Hello there! I know this is kind of off topic but I was wondering if you knew where I could locate a captcha plugin for my
    comment form? I’m using the same blog platform as yours
    and I’m having difficulty finding one? Thanks a lot!

2. david jordan says:

Its like you read my mind! You seem to know so much about this, like you wrote the book in it or something. I think that you could do with some pics to drive the message home a little bit, but instead of that, this is magnificent blog. A great read. I will certainly be back.

3. As a Newbie, I am continuously browsing online for articles that can benefit me. Thank you

4. Would you be desirous about exchanging links?

5. Hello! I understand this is kind of off-topic but I needed to ask. Does operating a well-established website such as yours require a large amount of work? I’m completely new to running a blog however I do write in my journal every day. I’d like to start a blog so I can easily share my personal experience and views online. Please let me know if you have any suggestions or tips for brand new aspiring blog owners. Appreciate it!

6. PVC Banner says:

Hi,
    If some one wishes expert view about blogging after that i recommend him/her
    to go to see this web site, Keep up the pleaaant job.