New York City’s Top Three Political Pests

When I moved to New York from South Carolina, I proudly announced via Twitter to my newfound home that I wouldn’t have to deal with the outrageous escapades of S.C. Gov. Mark Sanford anymore.

Sure enough, I immediately got the inside scoop on New York’s politics.

@MelanieCaduhada “Man, hate to break it to you @NathanFrandino but Paterson’s kind of a huge fuck up too” 8:18 PM May 12th via web

I knew the state’s politics were a little backwards (Circus in the Senate, 2009. Ring a bell?), but I had no idea.

In the spirit of Tuesday’s primary races, here are the top three political pests of New York.

3. Former state Sen. Hiram Monserrate – This former state senator was convicted for domestic violence, kicked out of the Senate, lost in the special election to fill his empty seat, and now he’s is running for an assembly position. When’s this guy going to take a hint?

2. U.S. Rep. Charles Rangel“You’re a crook!” This 20-term veteran congressman is under investigation for 13 various ethics violations, stemming from using a subsidized apartment as his campaign office, financial statement disclosure issues and much more.

1. State Sen. Pedro Espada – This state senator representing the Bronx is under investigation for “siphoning more than $14 million” from his own health clinic, was the ringleader in last summer’s Senate Circus tale, and doesn’t even live in his own district. You, Mr. Espada, are nothing but a Grade-A vermin-ridden, hot-tempered, egocentric political pest.

This entry was posted in Uncategorized and tagged , , , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

7 Responses to New York City’s Top Three Political Pests

1. Despite Rangel’s many ethics violations, I found an undying love/hope/loyalty for him in West Harlem (my beat). When I ventured to West Harlem to complete my beat memo, I was surprised at the number of residents who refused to see any other side of Rangel; they seem to revere him as a member of the community. And now that we know he has won the primaries, I see this undying loyalty come to fruition.

Very interesting.

2. Superb post however , I was wanting to know if you could write a litte
    more on this topic? I’d be very thankful if you could elaborate a little bit more. Many thanks!

3. sex says:

You really make it seem so easy together with your presentation but I in finding this matter to be actually something which I believe I’d never understand.
    It seems too complex and very huge for me. I am having a look
    ahead in your subsequent put up, I will try to get the dangle of it!

4. Unquestionably consider that which you said. Your favorite justification seemed to be on the internet the simplest thing to be mindful of. I say to you, I definitely get irked while people consider issues that they plainly do not realize about. You managed to hit the nail upon the top and outlined out the whole thing with no need side-effects , people can take a signal. Will likely be again to get more. Thank you

5. Hello my friend! I want to say that this post is amazing, nice written and include approximately all important infos. I would like to see more posts like this.

6. Hey very nice site!! Man .. Beautiful .. Amazing .. I’ll bookmark your website and take the feeds also…I’m happy to find numerous useful info here in the post, we need develop more strategies in this regard, thanks for sharing. . . . . .

7. Amir says:

فروشگاه اینترنتی شاپیلان